Ridhi Malik

February 3rd, 2015

Pancakes on Discount!

Ridhi Malik

February 3rd, 2015

Pancakes on Discount!

Today I went to this amazing pancakes restaurant near my hall – My Old Dutch. They have by far the best pancakes I have ever had. Seafood pancake, smoked salmon pancake, nutella pancake – you name it, they have it. The service is very good; you order something and you get it within five minutes.

My Old Dutch has two levels (which you couldn’t make out from outside). It’s interestingly decorated, with pans hung on the walls.

We ordered two pancakes – seafood pancake (never thought it would taste so good) and banana, nuts and chocolate sauce pancake with ice cream. I was amazed to see when the pancakes arrived. I had never seen such big pancakes, let alone eaten them. It was so hard to finish one pancake on my own. Even better, we found out that they offer 10% student discount.

What I loved about this place is they have both sweet and savoury pancakes. The seafood pancake had prawns, tuna, fish, cheese and tomato sauce. It reminded me a little of cheela from my home country, India, which looks similar to a plain pancake, but this thing was definitely better than that!

Tip: Go to My Old Dutch on a Monday as they have all pancakes for 5 GBP.

Ridhi Malik

Student - MSc Gender, Development and Globalisation

Posted In: London life