Julian Yap Joe Nin

Chanel Mademoiselle Privé

Julian Yap Joe Nin

Chanel Mademoiselle Privé

Now that autumn season is over and the clocks have gone back an hour, it is now safe to say that winter season is officially upon us and it’s definitely time to rock that winter gear! But that just means that what we all will want to do is to just stay indoors and drink a cup of hot chocolate sat by a fireplace in an English cottage.

However, just because it is winter does not mean that you can’t have fun because that is the last thing I believe when you’re an LSE student. Getting to spend time in London is an absolute privilege because it is one of the most vivacious and liveliest cities there is when it comes to entertainment. Apart from it being my second home, what I love most about London is the wealth of free and discounted attractions that students not just at LSE but everywhere can enjoy without having to break the bank. This is something that needs to be taken advantage of because this will certainly help to spice up your student and social life.

Chanel1

Unsurprisingly, fashion buzz surrounded London once more and this time, it was Chanel that took the spotlight. On Sunday, 1st of November, my LSE friends and I decided to attend one of the most highly talked about exhibitions this year that was featured all over Chanel’s social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram; CHANEL Mademoiselle Privé at Saatchi Gallery from 13th October to 1st November.Chanel2

Located in beautiful Sloane Square, nothing beats one of London’s best art galleries showcasing a horde of contemporary art worthy of your time especially if you are an art enthusiast. Home to London Fashion Weekend this year, Saatchi Gallery was the perfect setting befitting the House of Chanel who has revolutionised fashion with its haute couture and everyday wear (prêt-à-porter).

Chanel3Although we had to queue outside the exhibition for approximately 30-45 minutes, it was very well worth the wait especially when my friends and I FINALLY got in. Every inch of the Saatchi Gallery’s space has been beautifully transformed into a high fashion gallery and it truly felt like I was a socialite walking down the streets of Paris back in the 90s.

Like the Louis Vuitton Series 3 Exhibition, Chanel Mademoiselle Privé invaded my Instagram account as my phone was on a full-time duty, snapping every moment as we Chanel4entered from one room followed by another. Each room was so unique that it really does take you on this enchanting journey exploring the origins of CHANEL’s creations, which truly captures the charismatic personality and irreverent spirit of Mademoiselle Chanel and Karl Lagerfeld. There was just so much to see; from their classic hats to the lust for their high end jewellery consisting of pearls and diamonds to their handbags to their intricate and bespoke haute couture pieces to one of their fashion show spaces.

However, the space which showcased the haute couture and red carpet pieces was by far my favourite moment and an absolute standout in Mademoiselle Privé. The lights which were projected onto the clothes made it so beautiful to look at which made it extremely difficult to not stare and appreciate every little intricate detail that goes into each of Chanel’sChanel5 classic pieces. What made this space even more extraordinary was the exhibit of the “Bijoux De Diamants” Collection worn by celebrities. Karl Lagerfeld has honestly outdone himself by photographing portraits of Kristen Stewart, Lily-Rose Depp, Keira Knightley and Julianne Moore; just to name a few which I see as absolute works of art. These actresses truly personify the Chanel brand; the epitome of class, elegance and sophistication and this was what made these portraits so divine to look at and the showcasing of the “Bijoux De Diamants” Collection even more stunning than anyone could ever imagine.

What a fabulous way to spend a Sunday; at Chanel Mademoiselle Privé and I would have it no other way. This was definitely a fashionable occasion for me that I will always remember. London, you never cease to amaze me with what you have to offer.

\

P.S. A big shoutout to my fashionable friends from LSE; Andrea, Tanita, Johanna and Nigina for coming out to Chanel Mademoiselle Privé with me. It was my pleasure.

Julian Yap Joe Nin

Follow me on my food, travel, lifestyle and LSE adventures at @julianyapjoenin (Instagram) and @julianyap4 (Twitter)

Posted In: London life