Sahima

January 2nd, 2020

A Trip to London’s Prettiest Secret Alley

Sahima

January 2nd, 2020

Neal’s Yard, London’s beautiful secret alley is just 13 minutes from the LSE campus. Hidden in Covent Garden, this colourful and artsy village has all things fun. It can be easily missed unless you look carefully.

The pretty place offers quirky cafes, cute coffee shops and cool independent bars. Moreover, it also gives you the opportunity to click pictures, which will make your Instagram feed look like a living dream.

As you enter, you will find it difficult to stop looking around — again and again. On my first trip to this hidden gem, I was constantly conflicted between whether to take endless pictures or quietly sit around to admire the aesthetically pleasing environment.

It is the perfect place to visit after a heavy academic morning. Just grab a few friends and enjoy some hot brewing coffee or get drinks at their fabulous bars. Alternatively, if you wish to get away from the humdrum of the city; then this would be an ideal place for some downtime where you can enjoy delicious desserts or read a book while sitting at a cute café.

What to look out for:

Homeslice: When my friend and I entered homeslice for the first time, we knew we were in for a treat. At this place, you can either buy a pizza slice or get complete seasonal 20” pizzas. They offer a variety of flavours, even unexpected ones such as Savoy Cabbage & Sumac Yoghurt and Mushroom.

Jacob the Angle: at the corner you will find a Coffeehouse, serving scrumptious cakes and pastries.  Definitely try their coconut cream pie, it is delicious and extremely popular. (They also allow takeaway!)

Compagnie des Vins Surnaturels: this lovely bar offers the option of over 400 wines and the sommelier will help you choose. Even if you want to grab food, there will be enough variety.

St John’s Bakery: They established their first permanent bakery and wine bar at Neal’s Yard. This amazing place literally offers everything from doughnuts, to evening pastries, raisin loaves, and lovely wine for evening time.

Wild Food Café: It is a plant-based restaurant offering some very healthy food options. Try their blueberry cheesecake – it is absolutely divine.

Neal’s Yard Remedies: As the biggest therapy centre in Covent Garden, this place offers therapies such as wellbeing and aromatherapy to help you maintain a healthy balance in your life. Moreover, you can buy some wonderful organic products for your body and skin.

Sahima

Hey, lovely folks! I’m Sahima from India. At the moment, I am doing my master’s in International Relations from LSE. Most of the time, you will find me reading a book at the nearby cosy library. My favourite pieces of literature include The Great Gatsby, Dubliners and The Kite Runner. If I am not busy studying or debating over International Affairs, then I’ll be binge-watching Friends or The Office.

Posted In: London life