Brianna

March 30th, 2020

Perks of Being a Student

Brianna

March 30th, 2020

Perks of Being a Student

Being a student at LSE is a privilege for so many reasons – it’s an excellent university, in a beautiful city, with the best staff and administration a university can offer.  But being a student has so many other perks that you should be sure to take advantage of while you still can!

Student Oyster Cards:

One of my favorite student discount opportunities is the student discount offered for monthly Oyster cards.  A month of unlimited tube and bus travel within zones one and two costs around £90.  It may seem like a lot, but with each tube ride costing £2.90, if you take the tube a few times a day and travel to school or work, it is definitely worth considering.

UniDays App:

Downloading the Unidays app can save you loads of money on everything from technology, clothes, food, and beauty products.  They have hundreds of partners that offer some form of a student discount while shopping in person and online.  So next time before you buy something be sure to check the app!

Other student discounts:

A lot of stores offer student discounts but don’t often advertise it, so it is always worth asking when checking out! I’ve found that Boots has a great student discount, as do so many other stores.

A student schedule:

Having classes only three days a week gives me a lot of free time to work with.  Once I start a full-time job I know that my schedule will be a lot more packed.  That’s why it’s been my goal to run a half marathon before I graduate, as I won’t really have this much time to train once I start work! I also try to read and travel as much as I can before I’ll have to start counting my days off!

Brianna

My name is Brianna and I'm currently a master's student studying international social and public policy.

Posted In: Student life