Brianna

Virtual LSE: Lectures, and Seminars

Brianna

Virtual LSE: Lectures, and Seminars

The current situation around the world is a gentle reminder of the fact that we can sometimes take our daily routines for granted.  Amid all the uncertainty surrounding our school year, LSE has done a great job making us students feel safe, informed, and part of a close-knit (not literally of course) community.

The rest of my course going virtual has saved me lots of money on travel, but I found myself disappointed that I wouldn’t be seeing my friends in class.  But what I didn’t know was that LSE uses Zoom, an online platform that allows for meetings and seminars to take place virtually – a close second to actually getting to go to class.

With only three weeks left of Lent term, the remainder of our classes are online, which isn’t a big adjustment at all. Professors are all still available virtually and most of the rest of my assignments and exams were essays anyway.

Given all of this time I now find in my schedule, I’ve been able to make great strides in my dissertation work and finally found the time to read the books that have been waiting on my night table to be read.

If you ever find yourself at LSE facing a disruption in your studies, don’t panic.  The students, staff, and administration at our school are informed, caring, and will do their best to accommodate you and make the best decisions for everyone involved.

This post was written in March 2020. At the time of writing the LSE community has moved from being on a physical campus in London, to being a global online community, due to precautions taken as a result of the coronavirus (COVID-19). For information on LSE’s response to the coronavirus please see our FAQs page.

Brianna

My name is Brianna and I'm currently a master's student studying international social and public policy.

Posted In: #stillPartofLSE | Student life