LSE - Small Logo
LSE - Small Logo

Brianna

June 2nd, 2020

Fun Things to Bake While in Quarantine

0 comments

Estimated reading time: 10 minutes

Brianna

June 2nd, 2020

Fun Things to Bake While in Quarantine

0 comments

Estimated reading time: 10 minutes

Now that I’ve got exceptionally more time on my hands, one of my favorite things to do has been to try out new recipes and make things I wouldn’t normally have time for. So far, I’ve mastered spaghetti bolognese, made a surprisingly tasty cottage pie, and have tried to make fresh pasta. In case you need a little inspiration, here’s a few ideas for you:

1. Pasta!

This is on the top of my to-do list (after I finish my summative essays) because the first time I tried, it went terribly wrong.  Even though the recipe said ‘easiest homemade pasta’ I did struggle. But I think it was just because I used the wrong flour. Hopefully.

2. BreadBread and camembert

I’ve seen so many people posting on social media their delicious and professional looking loaves of bread.  If you can find flour at your local store and have the time and energy, definitely try some homemade bread. I had mine with some camembert cheese.

 

3. Recipes you’ve saved

I’m guilty of the fact that 90% of my saved videos on Facebook are food videos, the other 10% being dog videos I want to show my mom. I had a look through them and have made quite a few.  They’ve all turned out really yummy and all the directions are listed under the videos, which are a huge help in themselves.

4. A family recipe

My mom makes the best banana bread and my grandma has the best homemade tomato sauce recipe I’ve ever tried! Reaching out to them to get the recipes was a great way to try something new and catch up at the same time.  I love sending them photos of how it comes out.  And they’re always just a call away if you run into any questions

5. Something of your own creation

If you’re particularly nifty in the kitchen or just have some random ingredients you want to use up, try to cook something on your own.  You never know, it may come out delicious and could be the next Facebook food video recipe I save!

 

Information for prospective students, applicants and offer holders on LSE’s response to COVID-19 can be found on our website.

About the author

Brianna

My name is Brianna and I'm currently a master's student studying international social and public policy.

Posted In: #stillPartofLSE

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Bad Behavior has blocked 391 access attempts in the last 7 days.