Anisa Zaman

April 28th, 2021

An Afternoon In London

Anisa Zaman

April 28th, 2021

An Afternoon In London

As I am preparing for my upcoming exams, I often use the study spaces available at the LSE campus in order to ensure that I am staying on track. I’m always so productive when I come on to campus to study, however, when I decided to venture on to the 10th floor of the Centre Building, I found that despite the incredible views, there was no charging port left for me to charge my laptop.

I took this as a sign. I had already completed most of my work, so decided to make use of the lovely weather and venture out for a walk. I left the LSE campus and walked a few minutes away to Victoria Embankment. I had no idea such great views were so close to the LSE. The warm weather and sight of the water made me forget that I have exams coming up! I ventured along the Embankment eventually walking across the Hungerford Footbridge, and ending up in Southbank. It was great seeing so many people out and about again!

I continued my walk all the way to the London Eye, where I stopped to read my book. London is such a great city and there’s always so much to do, even if you happen to do it by accident like me. I then walked all the way to Piccadilly Circus, down The Mall and into Green Park, where I then took the train back home.

The LSE campus is in the midst of so many things to do in London and had I not gone on this walk, I would never have realised!

Find out more about London Life on LSE’s website.

Anisa Zaman

A first year BA Geography student, interested in geopolitics and contemporary fiction.

Posted In: London life