Sangeeta

December 12th, 2021

Global Health Policy: Selecting Modules

Sangeeta

December 12th, 2021

Global Health Policy: Selecting Modules

401,404,407,436…. modules as we know them well by now….But overwhelming when we join LSE!

The first orientation to the course starts with introduction to these modules by the faculty. You try your best to understand the terms…Health Econometrics (health + economy + metrics ??) especially for someone with a dentistry background…it can be perplexing! Evidence review and synthesis = Systematic Reviews, Meta-analysis …that sounded familiar …so chose it. Evidence appraisal for health policy analysis = interesting concept when introduced during orientation and I definitely wanted to learn how to critically assess the literature we read often…chose this as my fourth module for Michaelmas term.

Its week 9 now. Everything that was explained during the orientation makes more sense as we have progressed week wise. We have submitted and received feedbacks on the Formative assessments. The detailed feedback is helpful as this helps to really get an insight into your own progress… for me that translates into how well I now understand the concepts as applied to Global Health Policy and as I look back at these past eight weeks, I realise how far I have come. Every module is unique but essentially somewhere they all connect and make sense collectively. The most interesting aspect of the modules is the interactions during which you understand the subject from various perspectives as we are a diverse group of students not only in terms of countries but also academic backgrounds.

So far for me it’s been a great eight weeks of learning and I am looking forward to the next set of modules in the Lent term.

Sangeeta

An Army veteran with passion for academics and research.

Posted In: Applying: Masters | Study: Masters