Joyce Sun

My Typical Day on Campus Before Winter Break

Joyce Sun

Recently, during the last few days of Michaelmas term, I realized that I’d suddenly fallen into the proper pacing of my day-to-day life at LSE.

Today, I woke up at 10AM, and did my lateral flow test. I reported the result and ran for the bus, which took me to my stop right outside the Royal Courts of Justice. I had my statistics seminar today, from 12PM to 1PM. Afterwards, I chatted with my classmate for a little bit. We dropped by the Faith Centre to get some mulled wine (non-alcoholic) and minced pies. The mulled wine, which was more like spiced cider, was sooo delicious and aromatic. The minced pies were sweet and soothing as well.

It suddenly occurred to my classmate and I that we could go to the Student Centre and grab some free vegetarian food, so we quickly went and got in line. The free vegetarian food stand is there every day around lunchtime and gives out healthy options and fruits. We were extremely lucky that day that they had avocados to give out as well, so we took three each – avocados are so expensive in London! We went back to the Faith Centre afterwards and enjoyed the atmosphere.

Later, I went to the library to do some reading and homework, until it was time for choir practice in the Shaw Library. We sang carols in preparation for the Christmas Concert and it was a lot of fun, as well as good stress relief after having studied all day.

I went home feeling satisfied and happy, and realized it was because of all the free food and holiday cheer around me at campus, and felt really fortunate that I could celebrate the simple things in life right before we went on winter holiday break.

Joyce Sun

Hello! I'm a Master's candidate in the department of Media and Communications at LSE; my areas of interest include political polarization in this new digital age where art, culture, change, power and voice intersect on networked media that has untapped potential to propagate messages. I'm also a prominent content creator in figure skating stan twitter and an award-winning poet.

Posted In: Campus | London life | Student life