Sartsatat Junda

January 21st, 2022

Five Things I’m Looking Forward To In 2022

Sartsatat Junda

January 21st, 2022

Sound cliché as it is, but the new year marks the new beginning. And we should embrace it. Even though 2020 and 2021 were partly let down to me because of the pandemic, I am very optimistic about 2022! This blog will give you some idea of why you should be excited about 2022.

1. The reopening of the Big Ben

After almost five years of silence and renovation since 2017, this year, the Elizabeth Tower and Big Ben will unveil themselves in all their glory. According to the most updated news at the time of writing, we can expect to see the reopening around the second quarter of 2022, which put it around June at the latest. Stay tuned to the student blog, as I will bring you the tour of Big Ben as soon as it reopens.

2. The new movies coming out

Okay, there are tons of movies coming out every year, but I will point out the top two that get me the most hype in 2022. First, Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness finally arrives as the long-awaited direct sequel to the most awesome superhero ever ‘Doctor Strange’. The film was also teased as the post-credit scene in critically-acclaimed Spider-Man: No Way Home. The next one is Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore. There is no better way to watch the Wizarding World (the extended universe of Harry Potter) film series than in the UK. So get your wand ready and join the magical adventure in the newest instalment of the Wizarding World.

3. FIFA World Cup™ 2022

Held in Qatar, FIFA World Cup™ 2022 will be the first world cup in the Middle East and Arab world. The once-every-four-year major football event will take place on 21 November 2022. I’m sure that the excitement and expectation will gradually build up over the year to prepare us for the tournament to remember. May the best team win!

4. The summertime

Although it is a yearly thing, I have never been a fan of a cold winter or a short daytime. As such, I can’t wait for the summer to arrive as we enjoy longer and longer sunlight with many outdoor activities to do. To list some, you can visit the gardens with the full bloom flowers since spring, enjoy outdoor open-air cinema, cycle around the parks, or see the exclusive festivals and events during summer, e.g. Notting Hill Carnival.

5. The Marshall Building at the LSE!

The LSE Marshall Building

After all, we are the students at LSE. Finally, after a few years of construction, the newest building in the LSE is ready to show itself. The building is expected to be fully operational from the beginning of the Lent term in 2022. With many more study spaces, new cafés, and even a basketball court, the Marshall building will surely be the centre of students’ attention once the Lent term starts. As usual, stay tuned to this student blog for my latest update and insights into the magnificent Marshall building as soon as it opens to the public.

These are my personal focus for what I look for in 2022. Please feel free to share yours. But whatever everyone is looking forward to, let’s make this year a great year!

Sartsatat Junda

I'm an accountant-turned-IT postgraduate student from Thailand with a passion for exploring and immersing myself in the LSE and everything London has to offer. My interests and hobbies vary, with a focus on board games, gaming, and films!

Posted In: London life | Student life