Sofia Gerace

April 26th, 2022

In need of a break? My suggestions for a weekend in London!

Sofia Gerace

April 26th, 2022

If you want to take some time off your studies during this period but do not know where to start, here is a blog post about some things you can do in London! During this holiday before exams, make sure you take some time to visit London and have a break from the library. Last weekend, I spent three days visiting London and I can finally share with you my suggestions. While there is a huge number of things to do in London, here is an easy plan for your next weekend!

Friday: Natural History Museum and Kensington Gardens

The Natural History Museum of London is something you should absolutely visit! It is located in Kensington, and you can easily get there by tube or bus. You need to book your tickets online and you can choose different time slots between 10am and 4.30pm. Personally, I did not look at the different sections of the museum to organise my visit, but I enjoyed it anyway! However, if you do not want to feel lost, have a look at the highlights of the museum so that you can plan your tour according to your interests. After visiting the museum, you can enjoy the Kensington Gardens. They are located nearby and they are definitely worth the visit. You can simply walk around, sit on a bench or even take a Santander bike to move around.

Saturday: Camden Town and Regent’s Park

On Saturday, I spent the morning walking around Camden Town and Camden Market. Located in northern London, this neighbourhood is always full of students and young people. It is the perfect place to have a nice walk, have a look at the particular shops, or seat in a restaurant. You will be able to find any sort of food but for those who might want to try a vegan doner kebab, I discovered a place called “What the Pitta” just next to the Camden Town tube station. Finally, you can go on a beautiful walk in Regent’s Park and enjoy another green area of London.

Sunday: Hampstead and Parliament Hill

Hampstead is another London neighbourhood in the north of the city. If you are looking for a quiet and chill walk, Hampstead is the perfect place! While you are still in London, it really feels like you are outside the city as the neighbourhood is quiet and there isn’t as much traffic or crowded streets as you’d usually see in the centre of London. One of the highlights of Hampstead is Falsk Walk, a pedestrian alleyway with some cute little shops and cafés. Also, Hampstead is known as the place where celebrities live, and some people do go around looking to meet famous people. Finally, seat at the top of Parliament Hill and have a look at the skyline of London while you wait for the sunset.

Enjoy your weekend!

Sofia Gerace

I'm Sofia, an italian student at the LSE. Apart from being passionate about my MSc in Political Economy of Europe, I enjoy learning foreign languages, visiting new countries, and writing stories about my life as international student.

Posted In: London life