Lavanya

My favourite spots in London

Lavanya

My favourite spots in London

Living in London is a young person’s dream. There is so much to do in the city and there’s something for everyone. If you like going out with friends to the pub or spending your afternoons strolling through museums and art galleries, trust you will never get bored of the city. Having spent two months here, these are some of my favourite spots in London so far.

V&A

The Victoria and Albert Museum, also known as V&A, is one of the best art museums in London. You can stroll around and discover their huge collection of art, culture and design. Members also get access to the libraries on select days during the week, which makes for the perfect spot to study and get away from the hustle and bustle of the busy city. If you’re looking to spend an afternoon relaxing and taking things slow, make sure to visit the V&A and immerse yourself in the wealth of knowledge that the place has to offer.

Boxpark Shoreditch

Boxpark in Shoreditch is a great spot to go to if you want to surround yourself with food, entertainment and shopping. There are a lot of local brands who have outlets there, a range of delicious food to choose from and various live shows and events for entertainment. It may sound like I’m describing a shopping centre, but this isn’t just a shopping centre. It’s a venue built from shipping containers, and it truly makes for an evening of fun with your friends. If you ever find yourself with no plans, just head to Boxpark and you’ll be sure to have a good time just walking around and shopping.

West End

Technically, this isn’t just one spot but exploring the West End and all the amazing theatre performances it has to offer must be on everyone’s London itinerary. There are so many musicals and theatre performances that you can catch, you are truly spoiled for choice. Watch some of the best actors of our generation put on the best shows night after night. Before booking your seats make sure to check TodayTix to find cheaper tickets on the day of the show. My friend and I caught a show of Wicked, but you can also watch Hamilton, the Book of Mormon, Six and so much more. I have a long list of musicals that I hope to watch in the coming months, and I find myself adding more shows to it every week.

London has so many more amazing spots and I’m sure I will have more to add to this list in a few more months. But rest assured, you will never run out of things to do and you will always keep finding the best places to go to.

Lavanya

Hi, I’m Lavanya and I’m studying MSc Public Policy and Administration at LSE.

Posted In: London life