Ramesh Kugendran

June 4th, 2023

Foodie heaven: West London’s hidden gems

Ramesh Kugendran

June 4th, 2023

Although London is home to many dining establishments, it can be challenging to figure out the right place when organising a meal with friends and family. I thought I’d spare you the trouble and give you a quick rundown of the tastiest treasures, focusing on West London.

1. Knightsbridge

Harry’s Dolce Vita:To kick things off, I start with a TikTok Favourite, notably Harry’s infamous toadstool dessert, which you must try! The restaurant, which serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner using Italian cuisine, is located behind Harrods and has both indoor and outdoor seating options. (FYI heating and blankets are provided, making it ideal for those chilly nights too.) Nevertheless, despite some people saying it’s overhyped, I can undoubtedly say from personal experience that it’s not true.

Signor Sassi: In this affluent side of West London, I also present to you one of my all-time favourites. A dining establishment fit for royalty, this one boasts countless pictures of famous people who have dined there, including politicians, royalty, actors, and more. You’re sure to recognise at least one of them. The lobster pasta is absolutely delicious, in addition to their hilarious and outstanding customer service!

2. Pinner

DOJO: A trip to DOJO is a must if you have the chance to venture outside of central London. This restaurant serves Pan Asian cuisine and is located along the Hatch End Strip, which is home to some of north-west London’s best dining establishments. Even though finding a parking spot can be challenging during peak hours, as soon as you step inside the restaurant, you are immediately immersed in an incredible ambience.

3. Hounslow

Honeymoon Restaurant: Although Hounslow’s streets might not be as aesthetically pleasing as Knightsbridge’s, you are still able to discover authentic Sri Lankan Tamil food there. A bougie interior and its new cocktails make Honeymoon, which has recently undergone renovations, a 5-minute walk from Hounslow Central station, a must-try. P.S. I highly recommend their Deer Fry and Mutton Rolls! At the time of writing, Mondays through Fridays, 12pm to 4pm, there is also a 50% offer. For more information, please contact the restaurant in advance.

4. Wimbledon

Sticks’n’Sushi:Even though the Sticks’n’Sushi chain has locations all over London, the Wimbledon location is a little quieter than the typically crowded locations in Central London. However, just like the other branches, this one has outstanding dining and a wide selection of cocktails.

5. Feltham

Shere Khan’s London: Out in the jungle where nobody goes, I see a restaurant that not everyone knows. Sorry, it sounded better in my head. Truth be told, a brand-new family-run Pakistani and Indian restaurant recently popped up next to the Cineworld. With its ultra-chic interior with cherry blossom tress, the food is also sublime. You can personalise your curry by selecting the base of your choice before selecting your preferred type of meat. There are many options, including Rogan Josh, Jalfrezi, and Kormas. In addition to this, the restaurant does, in fact, have a private dining room, perfect for those special occasions, with views overlooking the entire restaurant.

If you live in Central London, you might have to travel quite a distance to some of these restaurants, but it will be worth it. Although Hounslow, Pinner, and Feltham may not be comparable to Knightsbridge in terms of offerings, they do have one thing going for them: delicious food! In the comments section below, let me know if you go to any of the places I’ve mentioned above and be sure to share your thoughts as well!

Ramesh Kugendran

Welcome to my blog! I'm Ramesh Kugendran, a student of International Social and Public Policy at LSE. As someone who is passionate about Social and Public Policy, I am excited to share my thoughts, insights, and experiences on this blog. Thank you for stopping by and I hope you enjoy reading my blog!

Posted In: London life