Snowy Tang

June 29th, 2023

MISDI Student Entrepreneurship Series: Senie

Snowy Tang

June 29th, 2023

Meet Management of Information Systems and Digital Innovation (MISDI) student, Snowy Tang. Find out how she discovered her business idea during her first term at LSE and her plans to help young adults.

Welcome to one of our current students, Snowy TangWe are delighted to speak with you.

Programme year: MSc Management of Information Systems and Digital Innovation (MISDI) 2023

Company name: Senie

How has your time at LSE (Department of Management) contributed to you launching your own business?

I have a lot to thank Dr Carsten Sørensen for, he has been very encouraging in my entrepreneurship journey.

I realised how passionate I am about building a startup during Sprint Week, where I brainstormed some ideas and conducted some rapid prototyping in a week

What inspired you to set up your business (tell us a bit about your career journey)?

I spent seven years in consulting before enrolling onto the MiSDI programme. Throughout my time as an analyst, I realised how lost and lonely felt, especially given the high expectations from my parents. I hope that Senie will be able to help young adults, like me, who are working hard to fulfil their dreams and maintain a healthy mindset. Through Senie I want young adults to be able to realise that they are so much more than what their hourly rates or performance charts represent. I hope Senie will become a space for them to be seen as more of a person outside of work.

What are your plans for the future of Senie?

We are planning to launch Senie in the 2023/24 academic year at the LSE. Alongside this we would like to expand to other London universities within the year as well.

Do you have any advice for current or prospective students wishing to set up their own businesses?

My advice is, “just do it”. Don’t be afraid to try, and don’t be scared to fail. Show up with your passions, connect and reach out to people you admire. My formula is “hard work + network = luck”.

Get involved with our alumni, volunteering opportunities and connect with the Department of Management.

Snowy Tang

MSc Management of Information Systems and Digital Innovation (MISDI) - class of 2023

Posted In: Entrepreneurship | The Student Lens