‘Fake news’ has taken the world and especially America by storm, and is the subject of this episode of LSE’s The Ballpark podcast. In this episode, LSE’s US Centre interview Charlie Beckett and Sonia Livingstone on what ‘fake news’ is and how the LSE’s Truth, Trust and Technology Commission will address it.
About the author
Julia Ziemer is Polis Manager in the Department of Media and Communications at LSE. Before joining the LSE in 2014, Julia was Events and Development manager at English PEN and she previously worked at the Charles Dickens Museum and the Literature Department of the British Council.
Dealing with the disinformation dilemmas: a new agenda for news media
December 21st, 2017
What is quality journalism? The most important question for news organisations today, but do we know what it means?
June 5th, 2018
- Suspected middleman in Daphne Caruana Galizia murder arrested
- How local 'fake news' websites spread 'conservative propaganda' in the US
- Lib Dems and SNP lose high court bid over TV election debate
- New York Times editor says Trump has put his reporters’ lives at risk
- Who were the main players behind the Prince Andrew interview?