LSE Internal Communications

May 26th, 2021

How to fit in downtime during assessments

LSE Internal Communications

May 26th, 2021

Whether you’re camped out at the Library or at your desk, it’s okay to enjoy some downtime. In fact, a walk, coffee break with a friend or just switching off for a while could give you a massive energy and motivation boost, but sometimes it can feel like there’s no time. Here’s how Student Futures Ambassadors include self-care in their routines to help them keep a balance.

Brendan, Department of Psychological and Behavioural Science:

“For self-care, I continue to take one day a week off from studying and job searching. I leave my neighbourhood and visit another part of London, often to eat something I saw on Instagram. Disconnecting completely from the grind of my dissertation really helps.”

Karla, Department of Government:

“What I’m doing for self-care is going for a walk to Tower Bridge while listening to music or a podcast. When the weather is nice, I go to Primrose hill, make a picnic for myself and read a book.”

Westri, Department of Accounting:

“I take some breaks in the middle of my routine by watching movies or practicing yoga. I also phone my family and friends for a quick catch-up and share stories.”

Gabbie, Department of Sociology:

“I like going to the gym to blow off some steam! Nowadays I also try to have my meals with a friend or two so that I don’t rush through eating and can talk about things other than school/work.”

Shruti, Department of Statistics:

“I make sure I have a well-balanced diet, adequate sleep and at least 30 minutes of physical activity every day. After all, a healthy body breeds a healthy mind!”

Tallulah, Department of Government:

“I’m practicing self-care by making sure that I take a short break from my work every hour or so, maybe to listen to some music, make some food or go for a walk. This helps me stay focused and more productive overall!”

It’s a busy time, but you’ve got this. Visit lse.ac.uk/wellbeing for more wellbeing support and guidance.

LSE Internal Communications

Posted In: Finding a Balance