wangc35

September 27th, 2013

Just two more days until LSE. Two!

wangc35

September 27th, 2013

Just two more days until LSE. Two!

Hello there.

My name is Cindy and after spending the majority of my recent years agonizing over class choices and writing essays in the wee hours of the morning at the University of Chicago, I have decided to do the same at a university in another country.

In just two days, I am flying off to London to partake in the General Course, a program that gives students from all over the world a chance to study at LSE for a whole year. I am allowed to take just about any course I want, while living in one of the most diverse and beautiful places in the world. “Excited” doesn’t even cover how I feel right now.

Of course, there are various logistics that need to be sorted out before I embark upon this adventure. Usually, I panic during the preparation phase of trips because I tend to delude myself into thinking that stores don’t exist in places other than my hometown, Cumberland, RI. Therefore, everything that I could ever need has to fit into my suitcases because there is no possible way for me to accumulate more supplies (I brought forty light bulbs to UChicago my freshman year, “just in case”. Forty.) However, due to United Airlines’ luggage restrictions, I am unable to indulge my over-packing tendencies and instead have to limit myself to just one suitcase. The horror.

Luckily, LSE has been really helpful when it comes to deciding what to bring. Thanks to this list detailing the offerings of each student hall (I’m staying in Holborn) and frequent updates from LSE residential services, my luggage now consists of apparel for cold weather, various electronics (power adaptors, converters, etc.), and bed linen. And six pairs of shoes… “Just in case” though, right guys?

Anyway, I should probably go finish preparations. There are still some SIM card and payment issues I have to take care of. LSE helps with those too! It assists with just about everything. It’s like that handy paper clip that used to show up in Microsoft Word. Ah, listen to me reminiscing about old software mascots. That’s probably a sign for me to stop writing…

Just two more days until LSE. Two!

wangc35

Posted In: LSE