Anne Lieber

My Lent Term Bucket List

Anne Lieber

My Lent Term Bucket List

In my last post, I wrote about 5 lessons I learned in my first term at LSE. One thing I emphasised was taking better advantage of all LSE and London have to offer. So, in that spirit, here’s my bucket list for Lent Term 2022, global health crisis allowing. 

1. Find more study spots

LSE Square in front of the Centre Building

While I love my typical study spots on the School of Public Policy floor and the post-graduate lounge, I know LSE’s campus has so many cool study spots I know I haven’t found yet. I vow to explore more to find new places to curl up with my work. 

2. Get thee to a pub

Don’t get me wrong, LSE’s three pubs are great places to hang out with some friends and a pint after a long day (my personal favourite being the George IV), but the area surrounding LSE is really cool, and I’m sure there’s a ton of great pubs just begging to be checked out. I already know there are two pubs within a 15 minute walk of LSE I want to visit (Ye Olde Cheshire Cheese and Ye Olde Mitre, both of which, are well, ye olde (as in were founded in Elizabethan times old, though obviously not the original buildings)).

3. Take more weekend trips

Even though COVID is wreaking havoc on any plans for European adventures I might have had, there is still so much I want to see in the U.K. I swore to myself that by the end of my time in grad school, I will have visited Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland. Between that and all the places in England I want to see, there’s plenty of material for a weekend trip or three during next term. 

4. Attend more talks

LSE has so many amazing opportunities to learn from the best in their fields, so much that the amount of events each week can be overwhelming. I resolve to take advantage more of the opportunities next term to hear from the countless academics, politicians, and journalists LSE gets on the roster of speakers.

Anne Lieber

Anne Lieber is a first year Master of Public Administration student at LSE. She is originally from the Washington, DC area.