Sofia Gerace

LSE: My Experience with LSE Careers

Sofia Gerace

LSE: My Experience with LSE Careers

Are you applying for jobs? Do you need advice about your cv or your cover letter? Are you scared of interviews? Well, LSE Careers is the place where you can find all the help needed with applications and jobs-related matters. The careers’ centre is located in the Student Union, but it is also easy to reach out to them through their online system called: Careerhub. When booking an appointment, you can usually choose the time, the member of staff with whom you want to talk, and the specific service you need, e.g., help with cv, cover letters, and interviews. I had a positive experience with this service, and I wanted to share more about it in this blog post.

Help with CV

If you’re applying for jobs, you know already the importance of having a well written CV to submit with your application. At LSE Careers it is possible to talk about it with a member of the staff who will know exactly how to help you. I personally had a very positive experience. The staff is used to deal with CVs, and they give helpful advice on how to improve your CV and ensure it will stand out during your job applications. It takes usually only about half an hour to go through it with LSE Careers, and it is definitely worth the time.

Find out more here.

Help with Cover Letters

The Careers centre can also help with cover letters. I personally find cover letters difficult to write sometimes, especially as I am not a native speaker. The Careers centre knows what kind of cover letters employers like to read. They can tell you whether your letter is clear and well written, or whether you need to expand on some information. I believe that it is always useful to have someone reading your motivation letter before applying for a job and there’s no better help than professionals working at LSE!

Find out more here.

Practice Interviews

At the Careers centre it is also possible to practice interviews. Whether you were invited for an interview or whether you just want to practice for the future, the Careers centre can help you. If you find interviews stressful, the Careers centre is a place where you can practice and receive feedback. The Careers centre will have a look at the job descriptions and come up with questions you are likely to receive. It is really useful to practice with someone because it will make easier to handle the stress during the actual interview!

Find out more here.

Sofia Gerace

I'm Sofia, an italian student at the LSE. Apart from being passionate about my MSc in Political Economy of Europe, I enjoy learning foreign languages, visiting new countries, and writing stories about my life as international student.

Posted In: Careers | Student life