Rosa

May 15th, 2022

Why I chose LSE as my firm choice

Rosa

May 15th, 2022

Why I chose LSE as my firm choice

Having to choose between two or more universities by the UCAS reply deadline can be a bit daunting. I’ll be discussing ways I went about narrowing down my options as well as how I came to choose LSE as my top choice.

Key factors in my decision

The best place to start is research. My research included: course content, years abroad, wellbeing services societies, as well as reading blogs written by students. It is important to go through the course structure and whether you’d like the modules taught or the number of outside options you’re given. You should also make sure the modules taught line up with your career aspirations. If you want to go into e.g. French Law, ensure your university has an option to study this. Wellbeing and disability services are highly important should you run into any issues and need some support. Location is also another aspect people consider- is the commute too much? And is living in accommodation a better option? These sorts of questions should help you draw up some pros and cons for each university.

Why I chose LSE

Having spent a lot of time at LSE before even applying came in handy when comparing universities. It’s important to not only assess a university’s academic reputation but also more cultural and social aspects. Summer School at LSE was the best time I’d ever had whilst learning and the culture and atmosphere are what made it incomparable to other universities I’d visited.

Rosa

Hi, I'm Rosa, a second-year Anthropology and Law student who lives in London. I'm an aspiring solicitor as well as an Anthropology enthusiast.

Posted In: Applying: Undergraduate