Natallia

June 2nd, 2023

Why you should firm your offer with LSE

Natallia

June 2nd, 2023

Why you should firm your offer with LSE

Choosing your university is an important decision – you will be there for the next three years and it will shape your life going forward. To make the right choice, I’m listing here some very important factors you should bear in mind. I hope this article helps you to better understand LSE’s advantage in regards to them.

Location

The student experience in London is very different from the student experience elsewhere. While a London lover, I was apprehensive about going to such a large and seemingly scary city. My fears, it turned out, were no more than that – I can not imagine ever living anywhere else.

LSE gives you the opportunity to spend your days in one of the nicest parts of London. Holborn, where the campus is located, has some of the most beautiful buildings and a lot of history. It is one of the only opportunities you may get to live in such an amazing part of the city. I highly recommend taking advantage of this chance. Even many other London universities cannot guarantee you such a fantastic location.

Ranking

LSE is one of the most highly ranked universities in the world for the study of social sciences. For the last eleven years, it has also been ranked as the top university in London. The 2023 rankings place it as third in the UK. It continues to reach some of the highest positions in almost all of its subjects globally.

Degree programmes and course content

You only need to look at the content of the degree programmes offered here to see why it stands out. In my opinion, LSE’s programmes are some of the most modern and cutting edge in the UK. All of the degree programmes have the overarching aim of preparing students to better society. LSE even has a module dedicated to this, LSE100, which teaches us about modern dilemmas and encourages us to come up with solutions. I don’t believe any other university does this to quite the same degree.

Careers

LSE has a careers service like no other. It offers you one to one support and runs many events every year to support students in the world of work. These events can help with networking, skills improvement and knowledge about certain sectors. Moreover, the attitude among students towards careers is quite unique to LSE. Students are very career driven, which motivates you to network and seize opportunities.

Community

LSE is a relatively small university, which means it has a greater sense of community than most. This is one of my personal favourite parts of LSE and something I did not expect to feel at university, let alone in London. The fact that the degree programmes offered are often quite similar and the fact that many courses overlap only create a closer community among students across the university. Again, this is very exclusive to LSE.

I can guarantee that you will have a wonderful time socially and academically at LSE. I highly recommend firming your offer from us. I have not once looked back!

Natallia

I am a first year undergraduate, studying BA History with Spanish. I am involved with many societies, such as the newspaper, netball and yoga. When I am not in the library, I love to explore London and find unusual new places.

Posted In: Applying: Undergraduate