Cece

August 18th, 2023

Unique things to do in London

Cece

August 18th, 2023

Unique things to do in London

Visit the London Transport Museum

The London Transport Museum based in Covent Garden, charts the heritage of the London transport system alongside the growth and development of the city itself. You don’t have to be a transportation aficionado to enjoy this museum, only an interest in culture and the world around you is necessary. With tickets priced at only £18 if you’re a local resident, you’ll find that a trip to this site will be well worth your time and money.

It’s a short walk away from LSE and something fun to do if you’d like to know a little more about the city you live in, and have a nice day out by yourself or with friends. Because of its central location, there are also plenty of great spots to grab a quick bite to eat. 

Go fruit picking on a farm

Metropolitan life is an amazing experience, but if you’re like me, you can sometimes find yourself longing for green pastures and life in the countryside. Parkside Farm in Enfield allows you to pick all sorts of fresh fruits from blackberries, to raspberries and even some strawberries. It’s the perfect way to connect with friends on a summer’s day, and get some fresh produce in the process. The farm requires a minimum spend of £4 worth of fruit in order to make your time worthwhile, which is a bargain worth stopping for. 

If you’re in the mood that day you can also head to the petting zoo to meet the foxes, deer and rabbits that they have onsite. 

Take part in the Big London Bake

The Big London Bake is not only a dream for every Great British Bake Off lover out there, but for whoever likes to get their hands dirty in the kitchen. With a beautiful tent run by a team of talented bakers and top patisserie chefs, it’s an exciting experience that you don’t want to miss. One of the best things about the event is that you don’t need any baking experience, and you can meet plenty of new people. There are a wide variety of packages to book starting from a minimum of 90 minutes, and you can bake in pairs or groups of three. Ready, steady, bake. 

Visit a cat café

Everyone loves cats, right? Even if you’re a dog person, you only need to visit one of these adorable places to fall in love with the kitties they have there. Lady Dinah’s Cat Emporium which boasts being London’s original cat café, is a self described cat wonderland. It has the dual goal of re-homing cats, helping them find future homes, and giving them companionship by having people visit them. Prices begin at £10 per person for an hour in the café with the cats, which can be topped up with extra treats such as Cream Tea. 

London is a big city with plenty of things to do each day. It’s a great idea to make the most of every single opportunity you have while studying. You won’t regret visiting any of these places for a nice, memorable day trip that you can look back on for years to come.

Cece

My name is Cece and I’m a final year Social Anthropology student here at LSE. I moved to the outskirts of London a few years ago having spent my formative years growing up in the countryside. Throughout my three years at LSE, I’ve lived off campus with my family which has allowed me to have a unique and lovely experience of university. As I draw close to the end of my time here, I’ve very much appreciated studying at the heart of London in one of its most exciting universities. I’m really passionate about all things creative. In my spare time, I’ve always loved to draw, read books and write. I’m currently in the middle of writing a novel, something that I’ve been working on for 3 years. Outside of this, you can usually find me practicing the bass guitar, playing the piano, or singing a tune, all of which I also do most Sundays at my church!

Posted In: London life