Lola

September 2nd, 2023

Secret study sanctuaries: finding your perfect study spot

Lola

September 2nd, 2023

LSE has earned a reputation for academic excellence, and as such, has a plethora of incredible study spots throughout its campus. While each location has its unique advantages, I have found three that stand out as my personal favourites.

1. Firstly, the most obvious study spot on campus is the LSE Library. I won’t say that this is the most enjoyable place to study on campus, but I will say it’s the place where I make the most progress with my studies. This is because, there are specific floors and areas designated as “silent areas”. This type of peace and quiet, respected by everyone who chooses to study there, can make you focus during even the most unmotivated times. For this reason, I had to include the library, and more specifically the silent areas, on my list.
  2. Next, when it comes to group study sessions or collaborative projects, I prefer locations with a bit more vibrancy. The Cheng Kin Ku Building fits the bill perfectly. Specifically, the eighth floor boasts study rooms with floor-to-ceiling windows that provide stunning panoramic views of the LSE campus and the surrounding area. I have found that having such a great view elevates everyone’s mood and provides the ideal environment for creative and collaborative work. Plus, if you need a quick break – you can actually step outside on the balcony to take in the scenery with some fresh air.
  3. The last study area that I’d recommend is the most social. Take advantage of the student lounges available in each department, where you can connect with peers from different cohorts, engage in lively discussions about class topics (which counts as studying!), and get some reading done in between classes. These vibrant spaces offer the perfect balance of study and socialising, allowing you to unwind and recharge in good company before diving back into your academic pursuits.

Whether you prefer quiet solitude or a lively environment, LSE has something to offer. With so many incredible study spots to choose from, it’s no wonder LSE students are known for their academic success. So, next time you’re in need of a productive study session, try checking out one of these fantastic spots and experience LSE’s academic excellence for yourself!

Browse the complete list of study spaces available on campus.

Lola

My name is Lola Idowu, a master’s student from New York, studying Behavioural Science. Aside from my interest in human behaviour, I also love to read, try out new restaurants, and shop at local markets or boutiques.