Natallia

So you’re waiting to hear back from LSE…

Natallia

Waiting for university offers can be unsettling. Whilst the stress and uncertainty you may feel is understandable, there are certain actions and mental attitudes you can adopt to minimise this anxiety.

I think it’s very important to simply reflect on the fact that you can do no more to aid your application. Since January, you’ve done everything you can to show LSE why you deserve a place. Be proud that you have got your submission in and try be at rest knowing this fact. Remember, offers tend not to come out until later in the year anyway.

Admittedly, this is easier said than done. If you can’t get the subject off your mind, it may be useful to speak to others who have also applied to LSE. A good place to start is the Student Room. Here, you can view others’ views and thoughts on the application process and communicate to applicants that are in the same boat as you.

However, it’s important not to get fixated on what people are saying online. The paths of your’s — and everyone’s — applications are unique with different circumstances. In a similar vein, students may hear back from LSE at varying points in time. Personally, I heard back in March, whilst some of my friends heard back both earlier and later than me.

It’s also very important not to neglect your schoolwork, after all, it’s your upcoming exams that will secure your place at university. It’s great news receiving an offer, but if you neglect your studies in the final few months of school, the offer will not be worth very much.

Try to focus your energy into your current schoolwork. This is the only component of your application that is under your control now.

Nevertheless, if you currently wish to stay in the LSE loop, you can use the time to learn more about LSE. LSE release research news and publications as well as blogs, where you could explore areas relevant to your degree programme. Also, this may help you decide whether LSE is the right institution for your university studies.

To conclude, I recommend you aim to find a balance; don’t be too demoralised when you do not hear back imminently. Remember, everyone’s in the same situation as you — be proud for getting to this point.

Natallia

I am a first year undergraduate, studying BA History with Spanish. I am involved with many societies, such as the newspaper, netball and yoga. When I am not in the library, I love to explore London and find unusual new places.

Posted In: Applying: Undergraduate