Jia

May 7th, 2024

An international student’s scholarship experience at LSE

Jia

May 7th, 2024

Studying at LSE on a scholarship has been a transformative experience, enriching both academically and personally. As a scholar in one of the world’s most advanced cities, I’ve immersed myself in a vibrant academic community while benefiting from the city’s diverse opportunities.

London’s reputation as a hub for prestigious universities has long attracted international students like myself, drawn by the opportunity to pursue our dreams in such a dynamic environment. However, the financial burden of studying here can be daunting. That’s where scholarships become invaluable, providing not only financial support but also the freedom to fully focus on academic pursuits.

For me, being a scholar at LSE means more than just financial assistance. It’s about being part of a network that offers mentorship, guidance, and opportunities for personal and professional growth. Through networking events and mentorship programmes, I’ve had the privilege of connecting with scholars from diverse backgrounds and academic levels, each bringing their unique perspectives and experiences to the table.

I am particularly fortunate to be a recipient of the Uggla Family scholarship. The mentorship and coaching provided have been instrumental in my academic journey, offering support in areas ranging from mental health to social engagement. Moreover, the opportunity to interact with leaders and researchers from various industries has broadened my horizons and inspired me to strive for positive change. Additionally, the program manager, Ikenna, and the Uggla family have provided invaluable support, facilitating multiple opportunities for us to meet, discuss study life, share budgeting tips, and participate in sessions with different professors at LSE. These experiences have been enriching, allowing me to explore topics beyond my degree.

The philosophy of Lance Uggla, the visionary behind the scholarship programme, resonates deeply with me. His commitment to making the world a better place serves as a constant source of inspiration, reminding scholars like myself of our responsibility to give back and create meaningful impact.

I am profoundly grateful for the opportunity afforded to me by this scholarship. It has not only opened doors to academic excellence but has also empowered me to pursue my dreams with confidence. As I continue my journey at LSE, I am committed to leveraging this investment in education to create value not only for myself but also for the world around me.

To prospective international undergraduate students, consider exploring the LSE scholarships list that suits your eligibility. Applying for an LSE scholarship is convenient; you need to hold an offer from LSE, and you only need to submit one application form, academic reference, and supporting documents to the financial support office before the deadline relevant to your year of study. My advice for prospective international students is to apply sincerely, focusing on how the scholarship could assist in your LSE studies and sharing your story. So, what’s stopping you? Experience the best of scholarly life by giving it a try.

In essence, being a scholar at LSE is more than just a privilege – it’s a calling to explore, learn, and thrive. It’s a scholarship that not only supports my education but also enriches my understanding of the world and my place within it. And for that, I am truly grateful.

Jia

I'm a first-year student of BSc Environment and Sustainable Development with Economics at LSE. I'm on an exciting journey to explore the vibrant and enriching LSE study life, and I'm eager to share the joy of this experience with you. My interests extend beyond academics; I'm passionate about traveling and savouring diverse cuisines. If you find my content intriguing or simply wish to engage in a friendly conversation, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Posted In: Applying: Undergraduate