Maisie Zheng

March 23rd, 2022

Meet a Student Futures Ambassador: Maisie Zheng

Maisie Zheng

March 23rd, 2022

Firstly, would you like to introduce yourself?

Hi everyone! My name is Maisie and I’m an LSE Student Futures Ambassador, currently studying an undergraduate degree in human geography and Spanish.

Why did you want to become a Student Futures Ambassador?

I became involved with Student Futures after thinking about my own future career prospects, and quite frankly, feeling very lost. Even though LSE is a place full of intelligent people who can achieve just about anything, it still feels as though there are very set career paths for students. Student Futures appealed to me because I felt quite strongly about the idea of being able to explore my options, as well as trying out new opportunities that could help my future beyond careers.

What theme are you focusing on and why did you choose that theme?

I’m focusing on the Creating and Innovating theme, since I have a strong interest in start-ups, social enterprises, and general creative pursuits. I believe creativity is something that should be celebrated more on campus, and goes hand in hand with innovation and entrepreneurship – which is something many students may be interested in. Through this role I hope to bring more awareness and opportunities for creativity and innovation to our university, with the help of existing channels such as LSE Generate and the Creative Network.

What activities do you enjoy most related to that theme?

London is a city full of arts and culture, so there’s a lot to explore for creativity and inspiration. Personally, I love films and theatre productions (taking full advantage of any student discounts!). It’s also great attending LSE events and hearing new ideas and perspectives on some of the world’s most pressing issues.

Do you have any words of wisdom for students interested in getting involved in activities related to your theme?

Be brave and go for it! More often than not, there will be resources and people out there to help you with your vision, so don’t be afraid to reach out.

Note: This article gives the views of the authors, and not the position of the Student Futures Blog, nor of the London School of Economics.

Maisie Zheng

Maisie is a second-year human geography and Spanish undergraduate at the LSE, with an interest in creative consultancies and social enterprises.

Posted In: Creating and Innovating