Itay

MichaelMASSIVE

Itay

MichaelMASSIVE

Michaelmas term. How did time pass so quickly? It seems as if October was only two weeks ago.  I can get all emotional and say it’s been the best time of my life and how amazing my peers are and how we’re all going to dominate in the future, but you already know that. No, seriously, this term passed so quickly mainly because it was so much fun, and by fun I mean that feeling of self-accomplishment after running for 45 minutes on the treadmill and feeling like Rocky Balboa even though you can’t breathe properly for two hours after due to your lack of fitness. We’ve been worked so hard it’s not even funny, or is it? Thank you, the Department of Management for making this possible. I mean, Coase (1937), Amabile (can’t remember the year) and Demsetz (did you really expect a date?) are really cool people and I thoroughly enjoyed reading their papers where they endlessly comment on each other’s theory. By the way, Coase is an LSE graduate, and his paper I’m talking about is something he received a Nobel Prize for. Quality. If you’re interested then Google “The Nature of the Firm”.

I know I haven’t posted for a while, but I wasn’t slacking – I promise! I was actually really busy partying (…in the library). A Master’s degree is not something that should be taken lightly, especially those taught at the LSE. Moving away from academics to a more interesting topic – alcohol. Well, just on our course we had two, pre-agreed pub meetings per week. On top of that we had dinners and parties the social representatives on our courses organized, students’ union parties and, the best of them all – the departmental end of term / Christmas party. I absolutely love the idea (note the word ‘idea’, not practice) of getting drunk with professors.

On the careers front, many of my course mates managed to get interviews with top class firms. MOG is geared towards those who like consulting, so naturally many people went down that route. Some already have offers, and it’s not even Christmas yet (that’s a good thing). The rest, I have no doubt, will get their offers towards the end of January. It’s interesting because there is definitely a drop in the number of graduates who want to get into finance. I honestly thought that the LSE is a breeding ground for finance people, but it turns out I was very wrong.

So Christmas is approaching and everyone is getting ready to leave London and visit their families, but not Itay. I’m staying in the UK this year. It will be a great opportunity to visit Winter Wonderland again, and see that Covent Garden Jack Daniels tree everyone is talking about. There are also campus events. For example, tomorrow I’m going to eat Brazilian food with one of the societies. Picanha anyone? Picanha is a succulent cow meat part the Brazilians love – it’s a part of their “churrasco” meal which is the equivalent of the Argentinian “asado”. If it still sounds like gibberish to you then it is simply really large skewers with even larger pieces of meat on them. So that’s scheduled for tomorrow. On Thursday I’m going to see new flats as I need to move (suffered a burglary attempt – one of London’s perks), and during the weekend I’ll visit some friends from my previous university. I will probably use the next week to do some studying – did you really think we get a real holiday at LSE? Christmas evening will be spent with my mother, who is coming to visit me (I love you mum!). New Year’s Eve will be grand as a large group of friends gathers for what will be a night of (possibly) embarrassing moments. We kick of the year with a Chelsea vs. QPR game. It was a MichaelMASSIVE (all rights reserved) term indeed.

Itay

MSc Management, Organisations and Governance

Posted In: LSE | Off Campus