Wajeeha Mohsin

November 14th, 2013

LSE, Shopping, Food and Fun

Wajeeha Mohsin

November 14th, 2013

LSE, Shopping, Food and Fun

It wasn’t easy telling my boss that I’d be leaving before the end of the year to pursue my Master’s at LSE.  Since it was LSE I was coming to, my announcement was surprisingly well received.  From then on, my life at work and at home changed drastically with my boss, colleagues and friends coming up with a list of suggestions of things for me to do in London, places to visit and so much more.

Since I have been here, I feel like I have had a chance to achieve lots of things on the to-do list made by my friends and colleagues.  The best thing about the LSE campus is that it is in the heart of London. I can get out of class and just walk down to Covent Garden for a bit of shopping and sightseeing – which, by the way, is lovely at this time of the year. If you haven’t been there yet I recommend that you go and check out the Christmas lights.  The campus is a mere 20 minute walk from the famous Oxford Street where shopaholics like me can shop their hearts out. You can also just go there to window shop – I also find that quite a lot of fun.

For those who are not so keen on shopping (or window shopping) and would rather spend their money on food, there are so many options around the campus area that I cannot possibly write about all of them even if I wrote about them in every blog post for the rest of year. Apart from the obvious food chains like Starbucks, Pizza Express, Wasabi, Itsu, and so on, there are lots of places to explore for the foodies out there.  For my friends who observe a Halal diet, I have heard that the Kings Kebab & Sandwich place is pretty good, although I have time to check it out yet.  If you live near this area, and prefer cooking instead of going out but have been having problems trying to observe a Halal diet, or want access to Pakistani/Indian/Bangladeshi spices, I recommend taking a walk to the Russell Square area. There you’ll be able to find one of the rarities in central London – a Halal meat and grocery store.

What’s the point of this blog post, you say. The point of this blog post is to tell you there IS life outside the classroom. Yes, we all want to be successful, have good jobs and earn a lot of money, but let’s not forget to enjoy the time we have while we are at LSE.

So go out, shop, eat, party ….whatever takes your fancy – the choices are literally unlimited.

Wajeeha Mohsin

Posted In: LSE | News | Off Campus