Brianna

June 3rd, 2020

Adjusting to LSE Post COVID-19 Changes

Brianna

June 3rd, 2020

Adjusting to LSE Post COVID-19 Changes

It’s no secret that life looks a lot different since the adjustments we’ve had to make to isolate and social distance. So, it’s no secret that life at LSE looks a little different as well.

Although we can’t go to the library and meet up with friends on campus to study, LSE has worked really hard to make sure so many of the resources we rely on are still available to us. LSE LIFE, the library staff, the careers office, and our departments are still open, responding to emails, and in some cases holding virtual sessions.

This new normal may not be what I expected Lent and Summer Term to look like, but I’m trying to make the most of it. I finished Lent term with Zoom classes and just had a week of Zoom review sessions for final exams.

I can easily make virtual appointments with my dissertation supervisor (something I should really be doing a bit more often) and have had a great experience connecting with my professors.

I’ve been a big fan of the LSE LIFE weekly emails since they started in September, so I was really excited to open my inbox last week and see the ‘Summer Term Week 1’ email from them pop up. And bonus – they’re still running their one-on-one sessions (virtually of course) that I’ve found so helpful throughout my time as an LSE student.

Following LSE Career’s Instagram page was the best thing I did for myself in the careers department.  I see all the virtual events they’re hosting and never miss anything they put out. COVID-19 or not I’d recommend giving their page a follow!

It’s inevitable for me to need some sort of referencing help when writing a paper.  While I can’t go into the library and work with someone in person, I reached out to my department’s reference librarian and she answered my question completely. Really glad the reference librarians are still answering emails – we appreciate you!

Brianna

My name is Brianna and I'm currently a master's student studying international social and public policy.

Posted In: #stillPartofLSE | Student life