Tai Tzu Chiang

July 30th, 2021

Dear Myself: Happy Graduation

Tai Tzu Chiang

July 30th, 2021

Dear Myself: Happy Graduation

09/2018 Started my first year at LSE

05/2019 First year Summer Exam

03/2020 Travelled home amidst the pandemic

16/04/2021 Returned back to London

05/07/2021 Departmental Graduation Reception

Now I look back, 3 years at the LSE flew by in a blink of an eye.

3 years studying abroad at LSE have been life-changing. In my first and second year, I was lucky enough to have participated in the amazing work of LSE Student Action for Refugees (STAR), become part of the wider LSE community as a Widening Participation Tutor and led Swing Dance Society with two amazing teachers, Angela and Tom. Throughout my LSE life, I volunteered, danced and enjoyed my time studying in London as a student. I met so many amazing people along the way. They are driven and passionate individuals who have inspired me in various ways and shaped me into who I am today.

With half of my degree being conducted online, I spent the first half of my third year back in Taiwan. It was an entirely different learning experience for all of us (online office hours, online seminars and even online exams). Motivated by the strong urge to meet friends and properly say goodbye, I returned to London in April 2021, at the very end of Lent term. I’d say that coming back to London and back to LSE has been one of the best decisions I’ve made in the past year. It was when I saw Old building, the Globe and the library, all of which were mainly just LSE normal, that I finally realised how much I actually missed being on campus and walking down the spiral staircase in the library. The campus is small and packed, but full of memories here and there that will last long. My first and second year norm of travelling from one building to another with my laptop for back to back classes and greeting familiar faces around the corner on a busy day have definitely become something I miss the most.

Graduating in the pandemic hasn’t been easy. I’m thankful that my last year at LSE has shown me just how resilient I can be. I come to realise that perhaps resilience was never about powering through the obstacles that come our way, but more about having the strength to pick ourselves up. And going through this has given us so many opportunities to develop and achieve much more than we could possibly imagine.

Last 3 months back in the UK really flew by too quickly.

I spent time travelling, saying goodbyes to friends, and most importantly, enjoying the last bit of my student life in London. Graduating and leaving London really felt like an end to a beautiful but short love story. Perhaps it’s not the city itself which makes saying goodbye so difficult, but all the precious memories that have added flavour to this place over the 3 years. These are things that will forever hold dear in my heart. But now, it’s time to say goodbye to the city which has witnessed my growth into adulthood. It’s time to move on to new opportunities and chapters in life.

Lastly, I am delighted to announce that I recently graduated from LSE with a degree in BSc Accounting and Finance. Massive thank you to every single person I met throughout the past 3 years, for all that I am and am not. I’m truly grateful for all the love and support from my family and friends. My LSE experience wouldn’t be the same without those of you who went through all the stumbles, the falls as well as the joy along the journey with me. 💖

Goodbye LSE. Goodbye all those beautiful memories and people.

Every part of you will be missed.

“How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.   – Winnie the Pooh”

Happy graduation to myself,

Taizy

LSE Student Blogger 2019-2021

Tai Tzu Chiang

A Taiwanese girl striving to survive at LSE and explore the world.

Posted In: #stillPartofLSE | Featured | LSE