Lavanya

June 2nd, 2023

Where to unwind: my favourite spots on campus

Lavanya

June 2nd, 2023

LSE has so many amazing spots for students to relax when they are not running from lecture to seminar every day. Here is my short list of favourite spots to hangout in when I want to take a break:

1. Marshall Building Lobby

The Marshall Building lobby is one of my favourite places to sit in when I’m not rushing to class. It’s not too noisy but also not completely empty, it makes for the perfect spot to just sit and talk to your friends. The Beaver’s Brew, the café on the ground floor is, in my opinion, one of the best cafés on campus. There’s nothing better than eating one of their decadent double chocolate chip cookies and sitting around a table just relaxing with your friends.

2. Centre Building Basement

The basement in Centre Building is one of the best spots to just sit and drink a nice cup of coffee. The large step landings are the best part of the building and I find myself sitting there often, scrolling through my phone or killing time with my friend before a lecture or seminar. Once again, a coffee and carrot cake from Beveridge Café make for the perfect mid-day snack and I can spend hours just sitting on the steps or in the basement, trying to catchup on news or doing some light reading.

3. Café 54, New Academic Building

The New Academic Building is one of my favourite buildings on campus. I sometimes take the lift up to the top floor to enjoy the lovely views of the city. Other times I hide away in the basement trying to get my work done without running into friends and classmates. But Café 54 is where I go to relax. My idea of relaxing always involves a snack and nice cup of coffee and I get both of those at Café 54. I sit there, it doesn’t get as crowded as some of the other cafés on campus, and take a short break before going back to work.

There are so many other spots that you can go to relax. The courtyard in front of Centre Building is amazing when the sun is out, LSE Garrick is another great spot to have a nice meal and chat with your friends. But for me to relax I always need a cup of coffee and thankfully there are some amazing spots on campus where I can get it. Take your time and find your favourite spots on campus because you will keep going back to these places during your time here.

Lavanya

Hi, I’m Lavanya and I’m studying MSc Public Policy and Administration at LSE.

Posted In: Student life