Thu Nga

October 1st, 2023

Celebrating a BREWtiful International Coffee Day at LSE

Thu Nga

October 1st, 2023

As a student at LSE, you’re in for a delightful coffee journey. The LSE campus boasts several fantastic coffee places to fuel your caffeine cravings and provide the perfect ambience for study sessions or casual meet-ups. While there are many options to choose from, today, on the International Coffee Day, I’d like to emphasise my three personal favourites.

Beaver’s Brew Café

The Marshall Building, 44 Lincoln’s Inn Fields (MAR), ground floor

This is one of LSE’s most recent cafés, opening up in the modern and minimalistic Marshall Building. They are open from Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 5.30pm and serve drinks alongside tasty delicacies like the mozzarella pasta salad and donuts! My personal favourite coffee from Beaver’s Brew Café is a Mocha. It’s the perfect combination of espresso, milk and chocolate. The Beaver’s Brew also has an outstanding matcha latte so if coffee is not your thing, I highly suggest the latter. Furthermore, Beaver’s Brew has an awesome seating area that is only available for their customers so it’s a great place to hang out with your friends in between classes. 

Beveridge Café

Centre Building, ground floor

The Beveridge Café is another superb place to buy coffee on campus. During lunchtime, the queue for the Beveridge Café is always super long because of their delicious drinks and food. In fact, the Beveridge Café was the first café I went to when I first arrived at LSE! My first impression of Beveridge Café was its approach to sustainability. By bringing your own cup like the LSE KeepCups, you pay less for your drink. Across LSE and London, a lot of coffee stores do this to encourage people to bring their own cups instead of using single-use cups. This also drove me to purchase my own KeepCup! They come in many colours and are the perfect size for a latte, which is my usual go-to. Actually, you get a free hot drink the first time you get your own KeepCup. Beveridge makes amazing lattes, plus you can customise the milk depending on your dietary restrictions.

The Bean Counter

Sir Arthur Lewis Building (SAL), lower ground floor

During lunchtime, the Bean Counter is always packed with people, perhaps because of their coffee? Jokes aside, the Bean Counter provides an array of drinks from coffee and tea to freshly pressed juice. When I’m enjoying a cup of coffee here, I like to drink it alongside a croissant or other pastries available. The location is also super convenient as there is plenty of space for people to eat and talk. If your classes are mostly in this building, the Bean Counter is a superb choice for something quick and flavourful!

Let me know what YOUR favourite coffee place is on campus!

Thu Nga

Hello! My name is Emily Nguyen and I am a First Year BSc Environment and Development student at LSE. I'm always available for help so just drop a comment!

Posted In: Campus | Student life