I just wanted to report that I am now back at LSE, in my role as Copyright and Digital Literacy Advisor in the Centre for Learning Technology. My new job title more accurately reflects the support I offer to staff at LSE, so please do get in touch if you have any queries!

I spent last term at Wolfson College, Cambridge, where I was an Arcadia Fellow carrying out research into the skills and needs of undergraduate students over the next five years in relation to information literacy. The main output of my research was designing what is being called the New Curriculum for Information Literacy. The Executive Summary actually says as much about the way such a curriculum should be implemented, as the content that should be included. However, working with my project associate, Dr Emma Coonan, the Research Skills and Development Librarian at Cambridge University Library, we hope to have designed a revolutionary curriculum for the future. We interviewed a wide range of experts as part of our research and have drawn up a curriculum divided into 10 strands. It should be of particular interest to anyone teaching undergraduate students, in particular the LSE100 team. The outputs and reports from the project are on our wiki and I will shortly be depositing them into LSE Research Online.

If you’d like to know more about my research, or if you have any copyright or digital literacy queries, please do get in touch with me.