Brianna

January 2nd, 2020

How I got Here: From NYC to LSE

Brianna

January 2nd, 2020

How I got Here: From NYC to LSE

Coming from a small town in Northern New Jersey, USA, whenever someone asks me where I’m from I usually just say “New York City” – it’s a much easier response that everyone immediately recognizes. And it’s not a total lie, I grew up just 20 minutes outside the city and spent three years living in Manhattan while attending university there.

For me, the bright lights, looming skyscrapers, and fast-paced atmosphere of the Big Apple was all I ever thought I could want out of a city. Until, that is, I studied abroad in London.

I spent four months studying and interning in London in the fall of 2018; from that experience I knew I wanted to return to London sooner than later.

Receiving my acceptance letter from LSE just a few months later was so exciting because I was able to go back to university to get a master’s degree and return to London as well!

After hours of stressing over the visa application process, but finally getting it sorted out, I packed up my (many) articles of clothing and persuaded my dad to help me cover the cost of my incredibly over-weight suitcase at the airport. Hey – it’s not easy packing a full year’s worth of clothes, even if my dad doesn’t agree.

Finally feeling settled into my flat, I prepare to wrap up Michaelmas Term. My first term as an International Social and Public Policy student went so quickly! Next term I am really excited about my next set of courses I get to take – especially Illegal Drugs and Their Control and Behavioural Public Policy.

I love being back in the London groove and getting to explore a city that has so much to offer. From Shoreditch to Brixton to Leather Lane, London really has something for everyone. (Even if the weather doesn’t always cooperate).

Although New York City will always be my first city-love, I’m excited to learn, grow, study, and explore here in London.

Brianna

My name is Brianna and I'm currently a master's student studying international social and public policy.

Posted In: London life