LSEUPR Recruitment for Research Director 2021/22
- Organising the activities of the LSEUPR Research Teams
- Hiring the Research Teams
- Ensuring the Research Teams have enough faculty support
- Assisting the Research Teams with conference presenting opportunities
- With the assistance of the UPR Editorial Team, drafting and publishing the work of the Research Teams
- Promoting the undertaking of undergraduate research within the wider LSE student body
- Participate in UPR ExCo roundtable meetings
- Team management experience
- Previous research experience
- Interest in and commitment to the UPR mission.
- Ability to work flexibly within a busy team environment and willingness to support fellow members of the team
- Time management skills – able to delegate efficiently
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the confidence to communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally, with fellow students and staff at all levels
- Previous experience in conducting academic research (e.g. as a research intern or assistant).
What you can expect to gain from the role:
- Learn about the research methods available to social science researchers.
- Improve your team management, leadership and communication skills.
- Exposure to like minded peers and academics.
- Play a leading role in co-ordinating and producing undergraduate research.
How to apply:
To apply, please submit the following documents to email@example.com with the subject line “Research Director – [First Name, Last Name]”:
- A copy of your CV
- A cover letter that addresses the following questions:
- Why are you applying for this position? What are your motivations?
- What relevant experience do you have?
- What are your research interests in politics?
- What relevant leadership experience do you have?
- How many hours per week could you realistically commit to this rolet?