Last month saw our joint event with the Centre for Labour and Social Studies (CLASS), a panel discussion as part of their Social State project, which looks at what Beveridge’s analysis of society can teach us about the Giant Evils of today and how we can use this to chart an alternative course for a welfare state – or Social State – fit for a new settlement in 2015. Catch up with the event in this audio extra and a Storify produced by CLASS.
- Chair: Dr Robin Archer, LSE
- Kate Bell, Child Poverty Action Group
- Duncan Bowie, University of Westminster
- John Hendy QC
- Howard Reed, Landman Economics
- Zoe Williams, The Guardian