2.1 LSE does its best to ensure that all information on the Website is accurate. If you find any inaccurate information on the Website please let LSE know by sending an email to Web Services at email@example.com and we will correct it, where we agree, as soon as practicable. 2.2 LSE gives no warranty or assurance about the content of the Website. As the Website is under constant development its contents may be incorrect or out-of-date and are subject to change without notice. While LSE makes every effort to ensure that the content of the Website is accurate, LSE cannot accept liability for the accuracy of all content at any given point in time. 2.3 LSE makes every effort to ensure that its computer infrastructure is error- and virus-free but does not warrant that any material available for downloading from the Website will be free from infection, viruses and/ or other code that has contaminating or destructive properties. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements for the accuracy of data input and output. 2.4 Neither LSE nor any of its agents, employees and sub-contractors shall be liable to you or any other party for any claim, loss, demand or damages whatsoever (whether such claims, loss, demands or damages were foreseeable, known or otherwise) arising out of or in connection with the use of the Website or information, content or materials included on the Website. 2.5 In no event shall LSE or any of its agents, employees or sub-contractors be liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss or damage including, without limitation, any;
- 2.5.1 loss of actual or anticipated profits (including loss of profits on contracts);
- 2.5.2 loss of revenue;
- 2.5.3 loss of business;
- 2.5.4 loss of opportunity;
- 2.5.5 loss of anticipated savings;
- 2.5.6 loss of good will;
- 2.5.7 loss of reputation;
- 2.5.8 loss or damage to or corruption of data;
- 2.5.9 loss of use of money or otherwise,
- 2.10.1 death or personal injury caused by LSE's negligence; or
- 2.10.2 fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
- 2.10.3 the tort of deceit; or
- 2.10.4 any other liability which may not be limited or excluded by law.
4.1 Where you elect, or are invited, to submit any contribution or material to the Website (including any text, message board content, photographs, graphics, video, audio or logo) ('Contribution') or otherwise consent to the use of the Contribution, then by submitting the Contribution or consenting to its use, you grant LSE a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, play, make available to the public, and exercise all copyright and publicity rights with respect to your Contribution worldwide and/ or to incorporate your Contribution in other works in any media now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in your Contribution. If you do not want to grant to LSE the rights set out above, please do not submit your Contribution to the Website. The LSE shall have no liability to you for any misuse by any third party of any Contribution that is distributed by us through the Website or in respect of any infringement of the intellectual property rights in any Contribution by any third party. 4.2 By submitting your Contribution to the Website, you:
- 4.2.1 warrant and represent that your Contribution: (a) is your own original work and that you have the right to make it available to LSE for all the purposes specified above and that it does not breach or infringe anyone else's rights such as copyright or in is in any way illegal; (b) is not defamatory, libellous, obscene, menacing, threatening, offensive, abusive, fraudulent or criminal; (c) will not and does not contravene any relevant local, national or international law or incite or encourage the contravention of any such law; (d) is not related to the conduct of a business; (e) does not advertise or market anything in any way; and (f) is not otherwise offensive;
- 4.2.2 agree at all times to follow our message board rules of posting, which will be shown next to the message board;
- 4.2.3 agree to indemnify and keep LSE indemnified on demand against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by LSE as a result of your breach of the above warranty; and
- 4.2.4 agree to waive any moral rights in your Contribution for the purposes of its submission to and publication on the Website and the purposes specified above to the fullest extent permitted by law.
5.1 Your right to privacy is important to us. The following terms are provided to explain how we collect and use information about you so that you can make an informed choice about using the Website. 5.2 Data protection
- 5.2.1 LSE is keen to strike a fair balance between your personal privacy and ensuring that you obtain full value from the products and services it provides, while ensuring that it complies with all protection the Data Protection Act 1998 ('the Act') affords to you. LSE will hold your personal data securely in accordance with the Act, under which it is fully registered.
- 5.2.2 The main purpose of the Act is to contain the possible threat to individuals from the misuse of personal data relating to them held in manual records or on computing equipment. LSE complies with all requirements of the law on protection of personal data held on computer or in manual records. The same requirements apply to any records held by individual students about identifiable living individuals.
- 5.3.1 Personal data is not stored nor captured through the Website without the prior knowledge and consent of Users. Where personal information is captured (eg through web-based forms for feedback, registration, requests, etc), the User will be informed as to what personal information is being collected, who will use it, and for what purpose(s) it will be used.
- 5.3.2 Any personal data that you give us will be treated with the utmost care and security. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as it is still used for the purpose stated when originally requested.
- 5.3.3 LSE is keen to strike a fair balance between your personal privacy and ensuring that you obtain full value from the products and services it provides, while ensuring that it complies with all protection the Data Protection Act 1998 ('the Act') affords to you. LSE will hold your personal data securely in accordance with the Act, under which it is fully registered.
- 5.3.4 Should you request that we amend or suppress records containing your personal data, we will endeavour to do so as promptly as practical. However, you may receive communications for a transitional period while we process your records.
- 5.3.5 The Act gives you the right to see the personal information LSE holds on you. Please see Data protection for more information.
- 5.4.4 For more information, see Cookies.
- 5.5.1 Continuous logs are kept of requests received by the Website's web servers as it is accessed. These logs are used to analyse usage of the Website.
- 5.5.2 Each log entry includes the internet protocol (IP) address of the client used (typically, though not necessarily, the IP address of the personal computer (PC) used), the type of client used (typically, though not necessarily, the type and version of web browser used), the URL of the page (or object) requested, the URL of the previous page (or object) requested (known as the 'referrer' and could relate to this Website or another), and the reference number stored in a cookie created by the Website (if one exists). LSE logs additionally contain the username used to access restricted areas of the Website. This username is not collected by nor shared with Nedstat or Google Inc.
6.1 You are solely responsible in all respects for all use of and for protecting the confidentiality of any username and passwords that may be given to you or selected by you for use on our Website. You may not share these with or transfer them to any third parties. 6.2 You must notify us immediately of any unauthorised use of them or any other breach of security regarding our Website that comes to your attention.
7.1 LSE seeks to ensure that people are treated equally regardless of age, disability, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, religion, sexual orientation or personal circumstances. LSE does its best to ensure that the Website is accessible to all its users and potential users, including but not limited to users with disabilities (eg visual impairments, cognitive impairments, motor impairments etc); users for whom English is a second language; users of various software; or any other users who may need to use the Website. 7.2 If you need any advice on making your web content and services accessible, please contact the Web Services Team (firstname.lastname@example.org). 7.3 Access to our Website is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on the Website without notice (see below). We will not be liable if for any reason the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. 7.4 From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Website, or the entire Website, to users who are (as the case may be) students, LSE employees or who have registered with us.
9.1 You may link your website to the home page of the Website at http://www.lse.ac.uk/, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. LSE reserves the right on demand, as it in its discretion thinks fit, to direct you to remove any links to the Website from your website and you shall promptly comply with any such direction or any other lawful direction that we may give to you in relation to the placing of any such link on your website. 9.2 You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you. 9.3 Our Website (or any part of its or content on it) must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of the Website other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. The website from which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in paragraph 4 above.
10.1 "LSE" and "LSE Enterprise" are UK registered trade marks of The London School of Economics and Political Science.
- 12.2 Or via telephone: (+44) (0) 20 7955 6939; facsimile (+44) (0) 20 7849 4901
- 12.3 Or via email email@example.com